In-house Service Designers and User Researchers
We are looking for four people to support us with our embedding design work with a major, national retailer in London.
This is an exciting opportunity and there are are two service design positions and two user research positions available.
We are supporting this organisation by embedding 4 team members in-house to work on a suite of projects that support the company to move from product, to service thinking.
You’ll be working with our project directors strategically and our wider team based on-site. Projects range from strategic proposition work to in-store testing of service re-designs.
If you’re excited by the challenge of helping a multinational introduce Service Design through a variety of live projects and you want to focus on a sustained piece of work then this is for you. We’ve had a really fantastic time working with them in 2017 and want to solidify a focused team for them moving into the new year
You’ll be part of Snook’s Show and (not) tell and check in with our team each week, learning and taking part in wider organisation events.
This is a full time role on a 12 month contract.
The organisation are based in central London and our studio in London Fields.
What we’re looking for (user researchers)
The right applicant will have experience of setting up research projects, undertaking user research and communicating findings back to our client.
This a multi-skilled role as we require fantastic research skills and a brilliant ability to communicate our insights to the client. As a researcher, you will be a key part of project teams undertaking work to identify and improve services for the organisation.
You’ll help us work with our client to understand their needs and get involved, at times, in the pitching process.
Given you are closest to the client at an early stage, we anticipate you will need to network within projects to find the right people to work with, therefore, communication is core to this role. The key to your role is to work with other leads and departments to execute the next stage of the design process, ensuring handover is undertaken well.
We’re asking for a unique blend, a charismatic user researcher who can think strategically and communicate well.
Including but not limited too:
- Produce and execute research screeners and research briefs
- Develop user research plans for projects
- Development of user requirements/needs for design teams and developers to build on
- Produce the framework for capture of demographic information and implementation on appropriate platforms
- Execution of data analysis and presentation of findings to design teams and clients
- Draw together and present reasonable conclusions from a wide range of incomplete and complex evidence and data
- Build strategy with our client based on user needs, collaborating with our service designers and project leads
- Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers and clients (in person and report)
- Have a knowledge of the history of user research and core methods (A/B testing/RCTs/Ethnography etc)
- Weigh up data from various sources, recognising when to bring in experts/researchers to add to available information
- Identify the main issues in complex problems; clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations, to seek best option
- Planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of digital services
Key experience & knowledge
We’re looking for someone with minimum 5 years experience. We want to ensure that you bring not only user research skills to support the responsibilities above but feel confident in crafting and communicating strategic decisions based on your findings.
- You’ve been part of research projects that surface user needs and deliver findings to aid strategy and decision making for large organisations
- You can plan research projects in collaboration with multiple disciplines roles
- You have led workshops and feel confident leading groups of people through focus groups and co-design activities
- You have experience of collecting data and analysing audience/user demographic, using scales like NRS
- You have experience of working with a range of people from a diverse set of backgrounds
- You are a confident at presenting research findings in a public setting
- You are up to speed with recent technological developments and communication channels that we can use to both research and communicate on
- You are a great wordsmith and can demonstrate this
- You have experience of running discovery based projects, developing user needs to hand over to design teams
- You can be the champion of the users, and support clients to look holistically at who users are
- Visual design skills, competency in Adobe suite
- Social media skills
- Experience of usability testing and A/B testing method
What we’re looking for (Service Designers)
Applicants will have experience in developing services inside organisations, meaning you’ve spent time crafting and understand what it takes to deliver a new or improved service. You don’t need to refer to yourself as a service designer or user researcher specifically, you could have fulfilled a role similar to these titles.
We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience, and a firm understanding of how business works. Private and public sector experience is considered. These roles are midweight to senior positions dependent on experience, where you will focus on delivering the projects in-house with our client.
- You are passionate about user-centred organisations and building strategy on how to make this a reality. You care about how services work and you understand how these are built in business.
- You have experience of building propositions for organisations from products to services and ensuring these are valuable propositions, getting clients excited about the future.
- You love working with a range of disciplines and skills to research, design and build services and are excited to contribute to building a rigorous approach across our team at Snook.
- You are curious about technology and data and want to play with it to make services better.
- Set-up and provide direction on project delivery to meet our organisation needs
- Work collaboratively with user researchers, service designers and delivery managers
- Oversee the delivery of end-to-end projects inside the organisation and undertake evaluation
- Foster and be part of a collaborative environment
- Maintain positive and enthusiastic team spirit, always looking to go beyond expectations
- Approachable, easy to work with and helpful
- Promote and be a crucial part of company culture and values
Key experience & knowledge
You can come from any background; you’ll have at least 5 years experience in designing and delivering services.
- A rigorous understanding of how Service Design processes work and can be shaped for a wide variety of contexts
- Sound business experience and understanding of operational delivery
- Experience of prototyping services and setting up evaluation metrics
- Comprehensive understanding of usability testing approach
- Experience on building user-centred capabilities
- Comfortable and fluid with strategic thinking to set future visions that are sustainable
- Experience of building product and service propositions that set value propositions
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with user research
- Experience of launching digital products and services
- Experience of building proposals, pitching for work and success on new business development
- Experience of working and running agile practice on projects and internally inside business
- Comprehensive understanding of building digital products
- Strong management skills to direct team members at a senior level
- Strong leadership skills to work closely with our team on delivery and setting project visions
- Good time management skills for yourself and others and ability to work on multiple work-streams
- Self-directed, spotting what needs built and delivering on it
- Respectful and a good listener
- A good finisher, you love to close projects internally and externally
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, contributory pension, a collaborative and open working environment, as well as great opportunities for personal development and progression, including training budgets.
Please send your application by the 15th January. Please include a short cover letter, with an understanding of your notice period, if in current employment, the job title ( In-house Service Designers and user researchers ), relevant salary expectations, CV and portfolio or online overview of your experience.
This should be sent to email@example.com
Please note we will be reviewing applications as they come in and inviting people for conversations throughout so if you have something to send in, send it. If you have previously sent us a CV we are reviewing these.