About the company
Snook are on a mission to design a world that works better for people.
We work with organisations to design more effective services which help people thrive. We do this by engaging with users, building digital products, training our clients, and much more.
This year we’re eleven years old. In the past five years, we’ve scaled to more than triple our original size from where we started in Scotland. We have offices in both Glasgow and London, and our team is approaching 80 people. We have worked with brilliant clients – from Cancer Research UK and Tesco, to Hackney City Council and the Scottish Government. We are also on a number of high level frameworks including the Department for Education, Home Office, NHS Digital and NHSx.
About the role
Snook has gone through a rapid period of growth and we are looking to grow our capacity within our new business team. The Bid Coordinator’s role will be integral to the smooth and efficient running of the company’s new business development process.
The Bid Coordinator will have 3 core responsibilities:
- Monitoring and coordinating the flow of incoming new business opportunities to ensure that the information is scored, tracked, stored and shared across the business
- Coordinating the internal bidding processes, facilitating meetings, maintaining and tracking opportunities through the internal New Business Development (NBD) process, sourcing and creating bid content and scheduling pitch-prep sessions.
- Coordinating our knowledge-management activities which enhance future bidding, e.g. gathering of core bid content, organising the bid resource library of case studies and CVs and arranging post bid retros
The role sits within the NBD team and reports to the NBD Manager. providing support with the company’s new business strategy, in addition to providing support to the wider team with bid and proposal development. Specific duties will include:
- Tracking and logging of new opportunities in the company’s sales CRM
- Regular review of active pipeline opportunities to check information is up-to-date
- Updating and maintaining electronic portal registrations
- Creation/inputting of standard submission text and bid content
- Providing document formatting and editing support for a bid, and support with final bid production
- Carrying out bid submission of a completed bid, typically through a procurement portal
- Proactive maintenance of bid resource library, e.g. working with members of staff to keep CVs updated, scheduling information-gathering sessions to keep case studies current and accurate
- Maintaining a directory of standard company information
- Curation of all bid resources (e.g. written content, graphics, templates, client references, etc.) helping to ensure the relevant materials are stored and accessible
- Log and monitor opportunities to support accurate pipeline reporting
- Acting as point of contact for the wider snook team re NBD activities
- Promotion and coordination of agreed NBD processes and demonstrating best practice to those involved in bidding
Your skills and experience
We’re keen to hear from a range of applicants who can demonstrate some, or all, of the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience of working within business development
- Experience of operating procurement portals, such as Public Contracts Scotland and the Digital Marketplace
- Experience of managing and using tender portals
- Organised with attention to detail
- Ability to see tasks through to completion
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Able to develop relationships with a wide spectrum of people
- Self-starter who can manage own time and proactively seek and execute activities that will add value to their function
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrable aptitude for clear written communication
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Google Docs
- Experience of working within the design industry is preferable but not essential
What we offer
Snook offer a competitive salary, 29.5 holidays per year (including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive maternity leave policy
We respect that people have commitments and provide flexible working hours through discussion
We have an annual team-away retreat for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect, and eat snacks.
We spend a Friday together every quarter as one studio to run show and tells
We are an equal opportunity, Disability Confident and Living Wage Foundation employer
We have a bike to work scheme and free membership to HeadSpace the mental health app
We support you with a Snook buddy when you join to get you started
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is inclusive. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages, however all applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
How to apply
This is an immediate start campaign so please don’t wait to submit your application. We are sifting and interviewing candidates on a weekly basis. We have a deadline of Monday 17th May 2021, at 12pm.
Please submit a CV, cover letter and a short supporting example of your work in the format of an A4 document highlighting key projects.
In the covering letter, please tell us a little bit about yourself, why you would be a good candidate for the position, and why you want to work at Snook.
To apply, please follow this link, and open up the jobs page for the Bid Coordinator position.
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is inclusive. Snook encourages applications from all backgrounds, abilities or impairments, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. If you have any questions please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the current Covid-19 epidemic, we anticipate that all interviews will be conducted remotely. We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or other circumstances affecting your availability for an interview, we’re happy to offer convenient times outside of work hours.