Snook is a design studio built to make the world more human. We work with organisations to design more effective services which help people thrive. We do this with our design team, engaging with users, building digital products, training our clients, and much more.
Last year, we were ten years old. In the past five years we’ve more than doubled in size to a team of over 40 people, opened a new London studio, and worked with brilliant clients — from Cancer Research UK to Hackney City Council, Tesco to the Scottish Government.
We have big plans for the next three years and are seeking people who can join us, working with our partners and clients to design services that support people to thrive.
Below, you’ll find information on our requirements, the job responsibilities, our values, what we’re looking for, what we offer, and how to apply.
About the role
Working with our Bid Manager and the wider team, you’ll be responsible for co-ordinating and collating content for our new business proposals to private, public and third sector clients. You’ll co-ordinate and write responses to public sector tenders on Public Contracts Scotland, Digital Marketplace and Pro Contracts North and respond to incoming opportunities across a wide range of clients.
The role also requires reviewing and editing previously written content. You’ll be working with our senior leadership team to produce bid responses and presentation materials. As well as writing, you’ll also collate supporting documentation and ensure a cohesive, consistent approach.
We’re keen to hear from a range of applicants who have understanding and experience of writing for business.
You should be able to demonstrate that you are able to meet some, or all, of the following requirements:
- Writing effective, concise and compelling content to deadlines
- Working with a team to get accurate, high-quality information from different people
- The ability to pull together factual information gleaned from a variety of sources in a format which is both comprehensive and interesting
- Creating bespoke proposals or reports for clients
- Producing written responses for public sector, academic or third sector funding applications
Your skills and experience
- Excellent literacy skills, with a comprehensive and engaging vocabulary
- Attention to detail with editing and proofing ability
- Comfortable producing a high standard of work under pressure
- Deadline driven with effective time management skills
- Some understanding of business marketing
- Experience of writing for business
- Experience of bid writing or experience of grant and trust fundraising applications
- Experience of writing for areas where Snook has core expertise; such as health, charity, central & local government
What we offer
- Snook offer a competitive salary, 29.5 holidays per year (including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive maternity leave policy
- We provide an annual training budget for external opportunities from talks and conferences to more bespoke hands-on training
- We respect that people have commitments and provide flexible working hours through discussion
- We have an annual team-away retreat for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect, and eat snacks
- We spend a Friday together every quarter as one studio to run show and tells
- Every Monday morning, we have a team breakfast where we eat together and share our ambitions for the week ahead
- We are an equal opportunity, Disability Confident and Living Wage Foundation employer
- We have a bike to work scheme and free membership to HeadSpace the mental health app
- We support you with a Snook buddy when you join to get you started
How to apply
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is inclusive. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages, however you must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU.
The closing time and date for applications is 12:00 noon, 3rd March 2020.
Please submit a CV and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Hire me! Bid Writer
In the covering letter, please tell us a little bit about yourself, why you would be a good candidate for the position, and why you want to work at Snook.
We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or have to travel after work we’re happy to offer convenient times outside of work hours.
What happens next
We will ask potential candidates to come for a one-hour interview with us. If selected, you will receive information about who will be there and what we’re looking to chat about beforehand. We can support travel costs outside of Glasgow.
Job code: BC-204-10