About the company
Snook are on a mission to design a world that works better for people.
We work with organisations to design more effective services which help people thrive. We do this by engaging with users, building digital products, training our clients, and much more.
This year we’re eleven years old. In the past five years, we’ve scaled to more than double our original size when we started up in Scotland. We now have over 80 people across the UK. And we’ve worked with brilliant clients — from Cancer Research UK and Tesco to Hackney City Council and the Scottish Government.
About the role
As a Business Analyst at Snook you will work as part of a team to support clients to solve real world problems. We are looking for BAs who have a broader skill set as outlined below, not just a pure technology background.
Working with our service designers you will help the team and clients to understand the problems from a business perspective and support them to develop viable solutions which take into consideration the capabilities and capacity of the system.
You will have experience of improving services applying technical skills which may include data analysis and modelling; process mapping; business models and target operating model development. You will also enhance the project by playing a conduit role between the technical elements of an organisation and delivering a project. As such excellent communication skills are essential: verbally to engage clients, teams and users; and in writing to present information in a clear and concise manner tailored to the needs of the audience.
You will be expected to travel on a regular basis for this role to work with clients.
Whilst you will be working in the context of service design projects, experience of service design is not essential but an understanding of the approaches would be helpful and passion for improving services for those who use them by engaging user is key to what we do and how we work and will be essential.
The role will be delivery focused, undertaking projects for clients as part of a team. You will be expected to have the following responsibilities:
- Project planning and management
- Engaging with stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs
- Gathering and analysing information to understand a service’s current operating model and identify opportunities for improvement
- To scope the feasibility around new solutions to understand the constraints organisations operate under (resources, budgets, regulatory requirements), enabling design colleagues and clients to develop solutions which can be implemented in practice
- Undertaking opportunity assessments, enabling clients to robustly assess the viability and impact of potential solutions
- Preparing business cases
- Coaching and advising clients to support them to deliver their projects
- Preparing high quality proposals and reports
- Preparing financial models and presenting them in a format suitable for a client
- Planning and delivering workshops to a range of stakeholders
- Developing new business proposals which consider the best approach to meeting the needs of client
- Managing people either directly or indirectly where positions of authority are absent
We’re keen to hear from a range of applicants who can demonstrate some, or all, of the following skills and experience:
- Project planning and management
- Budget management
- Analytical skills: ability to understand and simplify complex information; and identify gaps and opportunities
- Problem solving skills and experience of applying different problem solving techniques
- Experience of developing target operating models
- Report writing skills
- Presenting and simplifying information
- Experience of engaging of range stakeholders and skills in applying a variety of methods
- Developing proposals to outline approaches to undertaking projects
- Workshop development and facilitation
- Coaching skills to support clients and team members to develop
- Planning and delivering engagement activity with client
- Managing teams
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a team, managing your workload
- Ability to use a variety of software packages to undertake your role
Most importantly, you’re looking to join a lovely team and support us in delivering great design work. Definite bonus points include an appreciation for gifs and bad puns.
What we offer
- Snook offer a competitive salary, 29.5 holidays per year (including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive maternity leave policy
- We provide an annual training budget for external opportunities from talks and conferences to more bespoke hands-on training
- We respect that people have commitments and provide flexible working hours through discussion
- We have an annual team-away retreat for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect, and eat snacks.
- We spend a Friday together every quarter as one studio to run show and tells
- Every Monday morning, we have a team breakfast where we eat together and share our ambitions for the week ahead
- We are an equal opportunity, Disability Confident and Living Wage Foundation employer
- We have a bike to work scheme and free membership to HeadSpace the mental health app
- We support you with a Snook buddy when you join to get you started
How to apply
This is a rolling recruitment campaign so please don’t wait to submit your application. We are sifting and interviewing candidates on a weekly basis.
Please submit a CV, cover letter and details of your notice period. Please also let us know your preferred pronouns (she/her, they/them, he/him, etc).
In your covering letter, please tell us a little bit about yourself, why you want to work at Snook and what sort of problems you’d be interested in tackling with us.
Send your CV and cover letter pdfs to ‘email@example.com’ with the title “Hire me: Business Analsyt”
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is inclusive. Snook encourages applications from all backgrounds, abilities or impairments, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. If you have any questions please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the current Covid-19 epidemic, we anticipate that all interviews will be conducted remotely. We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or other circumstances affecting your availability for an interview, we’re happy to offer convenient times outside of work hours.