About the company
Snook are on a mission to design a world that works better for people.
We work with organisations to design more effective services which help people thrive. We do this by engaging with users, building digital products, training our clients, and much more.
This year we’re eleven years old. In the past five years, we’ve scaled to more than double our original size when we started up in Scotland. We’ve opened a London office and our team is approaching 40 people. And we’ve worked with brilliant clients — from Cancer Research UK and Tesco to Hackney City Council and the Scottish Government.
About the role
As a Contract Manager at Snook you will be responsible for overseeing the management of our large-scale partnerships. Snook work with a number of central government, private sector and charity organisations. We are looking for a commercially astute Contract Manager who can hold these relationships, ensure the smooth running of our contracts and develop opportunities to increase our business with clients.
You’ll be able to build influential relationships with clients at senior level. You’ll understand the needs of both the clients and the Snook team, and work with both ensure our partnerships run harmoniously. You’ll have strong stakeholder relationship skills with an excellent eye for detail and an ability to problem solve in a fast-paced agency environment as well as the ability to pre-emptively identify risks and issues, flagging and managing these accordingly.
We’re keen to hear from a range of applicants, not just those who have worked in the design or creative industries.
You should be able to demonstrate that you are able to meet some, or all, of the following requirements:
- Simultaneously manage large scale partnerships with competing demands, ensuring that we have the right resources in place to manage multiple projects
- Set-up and implementation of new contracts handed over from our new business development team to delivery
- Forming relationships with clients which allow us to understand their people and project requirements
- Working with clients to monitor the commercial aspects of contracts, attending supplier review meetings, identifying and feeding opportunities back into Snook’s new business team
- Work with Snook heads of department to source the right skills and experience to fulfil our contract requirements
- Contracts administration; management of contract spend, purchase orders, timesheets and invoice approval
- Support the head of delivery and senior leadership team to forward plan and ensure the longevity and sustainability of contracts
- Identify ways to increase efficiency and profitability across our partnerships
- Identify and manage risks and issues.
- Write status update reports both for internal use and for the client
- Provide a point of liaison for contract delivery teams
- Arranging and tracking security clearances for staff and supporting onboarding processes with clients
Your skills and experience
We’re keen to hear from a range of applicants who can demonstrate some, or all, of the following skills and experience:
- Contracts, operations or commercial management experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Stakeholder management at all levels
- Professional and tactful communication skills
- Comfortable managing multiple, competing priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Budget responsibility and experience of providing financial forecasts to finance teams
- Risk management
What we offer
Snook offer a competitive salary, 29.5 holidays per year (including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive maternity leave policy
We spend a Friday together every quarter as one studio to run show and tells
Every Monday morning, we have a team breakfast where we eat together and share our ambitions for the week ahead
We are an equal opportunity, Disability Confident and Living Wage Foundation employer
We have a bike to work scheme and free membership to HeadSpace the mental health app
We support you with a Snook buddy when you join to get you started
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is inclusive. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages, however all applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
How to apply
This is a rolling recruitment campaign so please don’t wait to submit your application. We are sifting and interviewing candidates on a weekly basis.
Please submit a CV, cover letter, and notice period. Please also let us know your preferred pronouns (she/her, they/them, he/him, etc).
In your covering letter, please tell us a little bit about yourself, why you want to work at Snook and what sort of problems you’d be interested in tackling with us.
To apply, please follow this link, and open up the jobs page for the Contract Manager position.
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is inclusive. Snook encourages applications from all backgrounds, abilities or impairments, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. If you have any questions please get in touch at email@example.com
Due to the current Covid-19 epidemic, we anticipate that all interviews will be conducted remotely. We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or other circumstances affecting your availability for an interview, we’re happy to offer convenient times outside of work hours.