About the company
Snook are on a mission to design a world that works better for people.
We work with organisations to design more effective services which help people thrive. We do this by engaging with users, building digital products, training our clients, and much more.
This year we’re ten years old. In the past five years, we’ve scaled to more than double our original size when we started up in Scotland. We’ve opened a London office and our team is approaching 40 people. And we’ve worked with brilliant clients — from Cancer Research UK and Tesco to Hackney City Council and the Scottish Government.
About the role
As a Delivery Manager at Snook you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of client and internal projects. You’ll be responsible for helping run the rhythms and rituals of our projects, supporting project leads to deliver on time, on budget and to high standards. You’ll also support the Head of Development and wider Delivery Team with project resourcing and scoping.
As a Delivery Manager, you’ll be experienced in agile and sprint based delivery on a diverse range of projects. This will range from consultancy projects, designing public services to software development.
You’ll have excellent project management skills, know when to challenge and when to listen. You’ll be able to build relationships with clients at a senior level.
We’re keen to hear from a range of applicants, not just those who have worked in the design or creative industries.
You should be able to demonstrate that you are able to meet some, or all, of the following requirements:
- Simultaneously manage the delivery of a range of diverse projects.
- Agile project, product and delivery management, ensuring our projects are delivered on time and meet client requirements.
- Helping to shape how Snook learns and applies the best and latest agile thinking in all that we do, in product development, service and organisational design.
- Produce progress reports across projects, supporting the Head of Delivery to identify blockers or issues affecting delivery.
- Identify ways to unblock and facilitate your team on a daily basis
- Work with the Head of Delivery to build project teams, ensuring they are motivated, collaborating and working well together
- Work with project teams to identify obstacles and help the team to overcome them.
- Contributing to project strategy; helping shape the direction and vision of projects.
- Managing the rhythms and rituals of a multidisciplinary design team, helping the team collaborate, communicate and learn throughout delivery.
- Inspire the teams you work with and be excited by the projects you manage.
- Supporting Snook’s senior management team in operational matters like project resourcing and quality control.
- Communicate effectively to a wider range of internal and external stakeholders and manage client relationships.
Your skills and experience
We’re keen to hear from a range of applicants who can demonstrate some, or all, of the following skills and experience:
- A demonstrable track record of planning and managing projects in an agile environment, ensuring that projects keep within time and budget.
- A range of experience in designing and delivering change, both in delivering new services and building technology that supports those services.
- Coaching others in new ways of working and approaching agile delivery.
- Experience of a range of project management and delivery tools (e.g. Trello, Jira, etc.) and remote working tools (Slack, Google Hangouts, Zoom, etc.).
- An interest in digital technology and how it can be applied to services and organisations
- Able to effectively manage and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience of identifying and mitigating project risks.
- Experience of running sprint planning meetings and project retrospectives.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering digital products and services
- Experience of gathering learnings from past projects and communicating them across multiple teams and projects.
What we offer
Snook offer a competitive salary, 29.5 holidays per year (including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive maternity leave policy.
We provide an annual training budget for external opportunities from talks and conferences to more bespoke hands-on training.
We respect that people have commitments and provide flexible working hours through discussion.
We have an annual team-away retreat for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect, and eat snacks.
We spend a Friday together every quarter as one studio to run show and tells.
Every Monday morning, we have a team breakfast where we eat together and share our ambitions for the week ahead.
We are an equal opportunity, Disability Confident and Living Wage Foundation employer.
We have a bike to work scheme and free membership to HeadSpace the mental health app.
We support you with a Snook buddy when you join to get you started.
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is inclusive. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages, however all applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
How to apply
This is a rolling recruitment campaign so please don’t wait to submit your application. We are sifting and interviewing candidates on a weekly basis.
Please submit a CV, cover letter and a portfolio of your work highlighting key projects. If you do not have a portfolio, we have created a simple template that you can use.
Send your CV, cover letter and portfolio as pdfs to email@example.com with the title “Hire me: Delivery Manager”.
In your covering letter, please tell us a little bit about yourself, why you want to work at Snook and what sort of design problems you’d be interested in tackling with us.
Due to the current Covid-19 epidemic, we anticipate that all interviews will be conducted remotely. We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or other circumstances affecting your availability for an interview, we’re happy to offer convenient times outside of work hours.