Snook is a design studio built to make the world more human. We work with organisations to design more effective services which help people thrive. We do this with our design team, engaging with users, building digital products, training our clients, and much more.
This December, we’ll be ten years old. In the past five years we’ve more than doubled in size to a team approaching 40 people, opened a new London studio, and worked with brilliant clients — from Cancer Research UK to Hackney City Council, Tesco to the Scottish Government.
We have big plans for the next three years and are seeking people who can join us, working with our partners and clients to design services that support people to thrive.
Below, you’ll find information on our requirements, the job responsibilities, our values, what we’re looking for, what we offer, and how to apply.
We are looking for a person with a positive attitude, who is eager to support our team in the smooth planning and running of research, to fulfil our research ops role.
“ResearchOps is the mechanisms and strategies that set user research in motion. It provides the roles, tools and processes needed to support researchers in delivering and scaling the impact of the craft across an organisation.” — Kate Towsey
As Snook’s research ops you will:
- Be positive and open-minded.
- Support the Snook team in scoping, planning, organising, conducting, and synthesising research.
- Want to build the most inclusive and accessible approach to research and co-designing with people.
- Be eager to learn about novel approaches to research ops.
- Share best practice and new approaches to research ops with the Snook team.
You can apply whatever your education background is, as long as you have the skills to meet the role requirements. Don’t worry if you don’t have all of these – we’re happy to train you.
You should be able to demonstrate that you have some, or all, of the following skills, abilities, and traits:
- Positive attitude and always ready to help
- Willing and eager to learn
- Good time management skills
- Work well by yourself and in a team
- Ability to follow through and get things done
- Experience of research operations
- If that’s you, we’d love you to apply!
What we offer
- Snook offer a competitive salary, 29.5 holidays per year (including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive maternity leave policy
- We provide an annual training budget for external opportunities from talks and conferences to more bespoke hands-on training
- We respect that people have commitments and provide flexible working hours through discussion
- We have an annual team-away retreat for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect, and eat snacks. We spend a Friday together every quarter as one studio to run show and tells
- Every Monday morning, we have a team breakfast where we eat together and share our ambitions for the week ahead
- We are an equal opportunity, Disability Confident and Living Wage Foundation employer
- We have a bike to work scheme and free membership to HeadSpace the mental health app
- We support you with a Snook buddy when you join to get you started
How to apply
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is diverse and inclusive. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
- The closing time and date for applications is 12:00 midnight on Sunday 8th December.
- Please submit a CV and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please tell us a little bit about yourself, why you would be a good candidate for the role, and what you hope to gain from your time with us
- Please let us know where you saw this role advertised
- Please use the subject line: Hire me | Research Ops
We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or have to travel after work we’re happy to offer these at convenient times outside of work hours. We can support travel costs outside of London if we take you to an interview stage.