About the company
Snook are on a mission to design a world that works better for people.
We work with organisations to design more effective services which help people thrive. We do this by engaging with users, building digital products, training our clients, and much more.
This year we’re ten years old. In the past five years, we’ve scaled to more than double our original size when we started up in Scotland. We’ve opened a London office and our team is approaching 40 people. And we’ve worked with brilliant clients — from Cancer Research UK and Tesco to Hackney City Council and the Scottish Government.
About the role
As a Service Designer at Snook, you will be working on multiple projects with a focus on designing the end-to-end journey of an inclusive and accessible service, and complex systems.
You will take pride in designing holistic services that work for a wide range of people, and will support the service design team and wider disciplines to embrace the importance of accessible and inclusive service design.
Your work will require collaboration across our user-centered disciplines, including digital design, user research, operations and comms.
You will be able to think at a systems level, understanding the complex and being able to articulate your design solutions to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
You will design in the open, participating in the communication of design decisions within the project team and clients.
You’ll relish working closely with our clients and partners, supporting our approach to new business opportunities, and in co-designing services with users.
We’re keen to hear from a range of applicants, not just those who have worked in the design or creative industries.
You should be able to demonstrate that you are able to meet some, or all, of the following requirements:
- Participate in multidisciplinary project teams to design services that work for people
- Able to working within an agile environment with multidisciplinary teams, knowing your role at each phase of development
- Participant in design and / or research sprints and eventually facilitate them.
- Create contextually appropriate service prototypes
- Effectively communicate design ideas using a variety of techniques, including service models, user journeys, system maps, service blueprints and/or infographics
- Conduct and undertake analysis of service usability tests
- Undertake design research alongside Snook User Researchers and Interaction Designers
- Participate in a range of design workshops with clients, users and other stakeholders and eventually facilitate
- Confidently managing your time and budgetary constraints on internal and external projects
- Identifying how organisations can reduce cost of delivery and improve outcomes through re-design of user experience, business processes, and better collaboration across systems
Your skills and experience
We’re keen to hear from a range of applicants who can demonstrate some, or all, of the following skills and experience:
- Proven service design experience as part of a multidisciplinary team
- A portfolio of user-centred, responsive and well-researched design work
- Experience of working with data and qualitative insight, through collaboration with frontline staff, managers and the public, to design solutions and strategic propositions
- Experienced in a wide range of service design methods and tools
- Experience of delivering a range of workshops
- Experience of designing and end-to-end service journey, including digital touchpoints
- Experience of designing and developing of service design prototypes
- Experience of collaborating with digital designers and developers to take a service live
- An understand of how services are driven on the internet
What we offer
Snook offer a competitive salary, 29.5 holidays per year (including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive maternity leave policy.
We provide an annual training budget for external opportunities from talks and conferences to more bespoke hands-on training.
We respect that people have commitments and provide flexible working hours through discussion.
We have an annual team-away retreat for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect, and eat snacks.
We spend a Friday together every quarter as one studio to run show and tells.
Every Monday morning, we have a team breakfast where we eat together and share our ambitions for the week ahead.
We are an equal opportunity, Disability Confident and Living Wage Foundation employer.
We have a bike to work scheme and free membership to HeadSpace the mental health app.
We support you with a Snook buddy when you join to get you started.
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is inclusive. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages, however all applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
How to apply
This is a rolling recruitment campaign so please don’t wait to submit your application. We are sifting and interviewing candidates on a weekly basis.
Please submit a CV, cover letter and a portfolio of your work highlighting key projects. If you do not have a portfolio, we have created a simple template that you can use.
Send your CV, cover letter and portfolio as pdfs to email@example.com with the title “Hire me: Service Designer”.
In your covering letter, please tell us a little bit about yourself, why you want to work at Snook and what sort of design problems you’d be interested in tackling with us.
Due to the current Covid-19 epidemic, we anticipate that all interviews will be conducted remotely. We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or other circumstances affecting your availability for an interview, we’re happy to offer convenient times outside of work hours.