Mid - Senior role | Research and Strategy *NOW CLOSED*
Please send your application by the 28th July
What we’re looking for
The right applicant will have experience of setting up research projects, undertaking user research and communicating findings back to our clients and wider design team at Snook.
This a multi-skilled role as we require fantastic research skills and a brilliant ability to communicate our insights both to clients and on our channels.
As a researcher, you will be a key part of project teams undertaking work to identify and improve services for our clients.
You’ll help us work with clients to understand their needs and get involved, at times, in the pitching process.
Given you are closest to the client at an early stage, we anticipate you will need to network within projects to find the right people to work with, therefore, communication is core to this role.
The key to your role is to work with other leads and departments to execute the next stage of the design process, ensuring handover is undertaken well.
We’re asking for a unique blend here, a charismatic user researcher who can think strategically and communicate well.
- Ensure and maintain quality of user research across all teams
- Support teams to produce and execute research screeners and research briefs
- Support teams to develop user research plans for projects
- Development of user requirements/needs for design teams and developers to build on (both internal and external to Snook)
- Produce the framework for capture of demographic information and implementation on appropriate platforms
- Execution of data analysis and presentation of findings to design teams and clients
- Draw together and present reasonable conclusions from a wide range of incomplete and complex evidence and data
- Build strategy with clients based on user needs, collaborating with our service designers and project leads
- Support training in user research and strategy alongside a project lead
- Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers and clients (in person and report)
- Have a knowledge of the history of user research and core methods (A/B testing/RCTs/Ethnography etc)
- Weigh up data from various sources, recognising when to bring in experts/researchers to add to available information
- Identify the main issues in complex problems; clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations, to seek best option
- Planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of digital services
- Conducting in-house research to test new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design)
- Designing, scripting and analysing ad-hoc quantitative surveys
- Managing ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping
- Understand user needs and identify interactions across a service user journey that should and shouldn’t happen or be altered in their delivery
- Participate in documenting research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material
- Co-ordinate interviews and visits including the legal and financial setup for participants
Key experience & knowledge:
We’re looking for someone with minimum 3-5 years experience. We want to ensure that you bring not only user research skills to support the responsibilities above but feel confident in crafting and communicating strategic decisions based on your findings.
- You’ve been part of research projects that surface user needs and deliver findings to aid strategy and decision making for large organisations
- You can plan research projects in collaboration with multiple disciplines roles
- You have led workshops and feel confident leading groups of people through focus groups and co-design activities
- You have experience of collecting data and analysing audience/user demographic, using scales like NRS
- You have experience of working with a range of people from a diverse set of backgrounds
- You are a confident at presenting research findings in a public setting
- You are up to speed with recent technological developments and communication channels that we can use to both research and communicate on
- You are a great wordsmith and can demonstrate this
- You have experience of running discovery based projects, developing user needs to hand over to design teams
- You can be the champion of the users, and support clients to look holistically at who users are
- Visual design skills, competency in Adobe suite
- Social media skills
- Experience of usability testing and A/B testing method
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, contributory pension, a collaborative and open working environment, as well as great opportunities for personal development and progression, including training budgets.
Location London or Glasgow
Please send your application by the 28th July. Please include a short cover letter, with an understanding of your notice period, if in current employment, the job title (include in the subject header) and relevant salary expectations. This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we will be reviewing applications as they come in and inviting people for conversations throughout so if you have something to send in, send it. If you have previously sent us a CV we are reviewing these.