Service Designers: we need you!
We’re on the hunt for some service design talent to come and join us in 2018. The roles will be based in our London and Glasgow studios, with an opportunity to work across a range of exciting and diverse projects.
What we’re looking for
We work with clients to research and design services that work for people, often skilling them up in the process. The projects we work on cross a diverse set of sectors, from retail to Government. We strive to ensure all our team experience a variety of different fields.
We’re looking for people who experience in developing services on the inside of organisations. Meaning you have spent time crafting and understanding what it takes to deliver a new or improved service.
We are also looking for people with a minimum of 5 years experience working in either public and/or private sector, with a firm understanding of how business works.
The roles are mid-weight to senior positions, you will deliver on external projects and support building our own in-house capacity and help to progress the new business pipeline.
- You will be passionate about user-centred organisations and building strategy on how to make this a reality. You care about how services work and you understand how these are built in business.
- You have good consultation skills and an ability to work with people to bring them on board to new processes and ways of thinking.
- You have experience of building propositions for organisations, from products to services and ensuring these are valuable propositions, getting clients excited about the future.
- You love working with a range of disciplines and skills to research, design and build services and are excited to contribute to building a rigorous approach across our team at Snook.
- We’re looking for someone who is excited to build internal processes and run external projects, and who brings in-depth knowledge and experience of Service Design and User-centred processes.
- There will be an expectation with this role on building business relationships with existing and new clients, taking us further into the future.
- You are curious about technology and data and want to play with it to make services better.
- Travel will be expected on occasion with overnight stays.
- Set-up and provide direction on project delivery to meet our organisation needs
- Work collaboratively with user researchers, service designers and delivery managers
- Oversee the delivery of end-to-end projects inside the organisation and undertake evaluation
- Foster and be part of a collaborative environment
- Maintain positive with an enthusiastic team spirit, always looking to go beyond expectations
- Approachable, easy to work with and helpful (no haters)
- Promote and be a crucial part of company culture and values
Key experience & knowledge
- You can come from any background; you’ll have at least 5 years experience in designing and delivering services.
- You will have a rigorous understanding of how Service Design processes work and can be shaped for a wide variety of contexts
- Sound business experience and understanding of operational delivery
- Experience of prototyping services and setting up evaluation metrics
- Comprehensive understanding of usability testing approach
- Experience on building user-centred capabilities
- Comfortable and fluid with strategic thinking to set future visions that are sustainable
- Experience of building product and service propositions that set value propositions
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with user research
- Experience of launching digital products and services
- Experience of building proposals, pitching for work and success on new business development
- Experience of working and running agile practice on projects and internally inside business
- Comprehensive understanding of building digital products
- Strong management skills to direct team members at a senior level
- Strong leadership skills to work closely with our team on delivery and setting project visions
- Good time management skills for yourself and others and ability to work on multiple work-streams
- Self-directed, spotting what needs built and delivering on it
- Respectful and a good listener
- A good finisher, you love to close projects internally and externally
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, contributory pension, a collaborative and an open working environment. Furthermore we offer great opportunities for personal development and progression, including training budgets.
London and Glasgow based
Please send your application by the 15th January. Please include a short cover letter, with an understanding of your notice period, if in current employment, the job title ( Service Designer ), relevant salary expectations, CV and portfolio or an online overview of your experience.
This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we will be reviewing applications as they come in and inviting people for conversations throughout so if you have something to send in, send it.
If you have previously sent us a CV we are reviewing these.