Snook are seeking a Bid Manager for our Glasgow studio
Salary: 35,000-41,000 (we will consider a salary outside of this range for an exceptional candidate)
Hours: 37.5 hours (flexible)
Closing date: 12pm, Tuesday 29 October
Snook are on a mission to design a world that works better for people.
We work with organisations to design more effective services which help people thrive. We do this with our design team: engaging with users, building digital products, training our clients, and much more.
In 2019, we’ll be ten years old. In the past five years we’ve scaled more than double our size to a team approaching 40 people, opened a new London office, and worked with brilliant clients — from Cancer Research UK to Hackney City Council, Tesco to the Scottish Government.
About the role
This role will give you the opportunity to manage new business proposals through our end-to-end process, working closely with the senior management team.
You’ll play a pivotal role ensuring the quality and timely completion of new business proposals, which will include holding meetings, structuring and writing new business content, coordinating the team and document management. You’ll coordinate the conversations our team are having with potential clients and track a pipeline of potential new work.
We’re keen to hear from a range of applicants and not just those who have worked in the design or creative industries.
You should be able to demonstrate that you have some, or all, of the following skills, abilities, and traits:
- Responsible for the timely planning, management and completion of tender submissions through the various stages of the procurement process
- Oversee our end-to-end bid writing processes internally – drawing on the skills and resources across the Snook team to deliver bids on time
- Work alongside the Snook Senior Production Manager and Project Directors, contributing to our new business meeting and creative sessions as necessary to support with proposal and bid writing
- Coordinate and track bid activities
- Monitor and manage our new business mailbox
- Monitor and manage the timeline of our end-to-end new business process
- Coordinate inputs and collate documents for bid submissions
- Track opportunities across tender portals, highlighting relevant opportunities ahead of our new business meeting
- Tender portal management, ensuring all procurement criteria are met
- Compliance with bid governance processes
- Maintain and contribute to our new business templates and collateral
- Monitor changes that affect the new business process and minimise repetition of tasks
Your skills and experience
- Experience of working on new business proposals or large grant applications
- Experience of managing compliance with internal processes
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Organised with attention to detail
- Ability to see tasks through to completion
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Able to develop relationships with a wide spectrum of people
- Self-starter who can manage own time and proactively seek and execute activities that will add value to their function
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrable aptitude for clear written communication
- A willing, engaging attitude with an eagerness to develop professionally
- Experience of operating procurement portals, such as Public Contracts Scotland (desirable)
- Experience of working in a project-driven environment (desirable)
- Experience of bid writing (desirable)
What we offer
- Snook offer a competitive salary, 29.5 holidays per year (including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive maternity leave policy.
- We provide an annual training budget for external opportunities from talks and conferences to more bespoke hands-on training.
- We respect that people have commitments and provide flexible working hours through discussion.
- We have an annual team-away retreat for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect, and eat snacks. We spend a Friday together every quarter as one studio to run show and tells.
- Every Monday morning, we have a team breakfast where we eat together and share our ambitions for the week ahead.
- We are an equal opportunity, Disability Confident and Living Wage Foundation employer.
- We have a bike to work scheme and free membership to HeadSpace the mental health app
- We support you with a Snook buddy when you join to get you started.
How to apply
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is diverse and inclusive. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages.
The closing time and date for applications is 12pm noon on Tuesday 29 October.
Please submit a CV and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Hire me | Bid Manager
In the cover letter, please tell us a little bit about yourself, why you would be a good candidate for the position, and why you want to work at Snook.
We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or have to travel after work we’re happy to offer these at convenient times outside of work hours.
What happens next
We will ask potential candidates to come for a one-hour interview with us. If selected, you will receive information about who will be there and what we’re looking to chat about beforehand. We’ll offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or have to travel, we’re happy to accommodate for this. We can support travel costs outside of Glasgow if we take you to an interview stage.