Snook are seeking a Creative Content Writer **NOW CLOSED**
Closing date: 30/06/19
Snook are on a mission to design a world that works better for people. We work with organisations to design services that help people thrive, and this year we’ll be ten years old! In the past five years we’ve more than doubled in size to a team approaching 30 people and have worked with brilliant clients — from Cancer Research UK to Hackney City Council, Tesco and the Scottish Government.
We have big plans for the next three years and are seeking someone who can elevate our communications, inside and outside the Snook. This role will be key in showcasing our brilliant work through the capture of our narrative and sharing it in an engaging, clear and concise way to the outside world.
Below, you’ll find information on our requirements, our values, what we offer, and how to apply. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages.
Applicants will have experience writing engaging content and bringing it to life, aligned with brand/strategy and the ability to design and execute a communications strategy.
We are looking for people who:
Have an interest in design and social innovation
- Have experience working in areas where Snook has core expertise; such as health, charity, central & local government
- Have a keen interest in re-designing services
Have excellent copy-writing skills and are confident writing and documenting
- Are confident to be the first port of call for all editorial copy.
- Have the ability to creatively articulate our case studies
- Have the ability to coach and develop an assistant
Thrive on translating complex information into creative, accessible, easily digestible content for a variety of audiences
- Have excellent written and communication skills
- Can articulate and execute a communications strategy to support our vision
- Have the ability to build Snook’s social brand through storytelling, blog posts, thought leadership pieces and case studies
- Can make use of data and analytics to engage and grow our audience
- Can plan and execute the timely delivery of creative copy across all channels
Are confident working with technology
- Can work confidently across all forms of technology and media platforms
- Have the ability to understand the pulse of Snook and use that information to create tactical content and messaging internally and externally
Are aligned with Snook’s mission and values
- Bring an optimistic and entrepreneurial mindset to our work
- Think outside the box and constantly seek new ways to improve
Most importantly, you’ll be looking to join a lovely team and to support us in delivering great design work. Definite bonus points include an appreciation for gifs and bad puns.
We strive to create a good working environment, that allows our colleagues to thrive and create the best work they can. Some of the values that help us create this are:
- We do active self-care
- We encourage ambition not competition
- We promote diversity
- We believe in passions; personal interests are welcome
- We know there is no right or wrong way
- We do fun
- We work with people, not for them
What we offer
- Snook offer a competitive salary, 29.5 holidays per year (including public holidays), additional annual Christmas closure and a supportive sick leave policy.
- We provide an annual training budget for external opportunities from talks and conferences to more bespoke hands-on training.
- We respect people have commitments and provide flexible working hours through discussion.
- We have an annual team-away retreat for us to come together as a company, taking time out to learn, reflect, and eat snacks. We spend a Friday together every quarter as one studio to run show and tells.
- Every Monday morning, we have a team breakfast where we eat together and share our ambitions for the week ahead.
- We are an equal opportunity and Living Wage Foundation employer.
- We have a bike to work scheme and free membership to HeadSpace the mental health app.
- We support you with a Snook buddy when you join to get you started.
How to apply
We strive for diversity in our team. If we’re going to design services for the public we need to ensure our team is diverse. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages.
Please submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Hire me | Creative Content Writer’.
We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or have to travel after work we’re happy to offer these at convenient times outside of work hours. We can support travel costs outside of London if we take you to an interview stage.