Lead role | Strategy and Service Design *NOW CLOSED*
Please send your application by the 28th July
What we’re looking for
Applicants will have experience in developing services inside organisations, meaning you’ve spent time crafting and understand what it takes to deliver a new or improved service.
We are looking for someone with around 7 to 10+ years experience of working in either public and/or private sector with a firm understanding of how business works.
This role is a senior position, where you will deliver on projects and support building our own in-house capacity and business pipeline.
You are passionate about user-centred organisations and building strategy on how to make this a reality. You care about how services work and you understand how these are built in business.
You have experience of building propositions for organisations from products to services and ensuring these are valuable propositions, getting clients excited about the future.
You love working with a range of disciplines and skills to research, design and build services and are excited to contribute to building a rigorous approach across our team at Snook.
We will, dependent on experience consider a position joining our operational board at Snook to support strategy development of the company.
We’re looking for someone who is excited to build internal processes and run external projects, and who brings in-depth knowledge and experience of Service Design and User-centred processes.
There will be an expectation with this role on building business relationships with existing and new clients, taking us further into the future.
- Set-up and provide direction on project delivery to meet client needs
- Manage design and research teams to deliver
- Oversee the delivery of end-to-end projects including evaluation
- Foster and be part of a collaborative environment
- Contribute to the sales process in building bids and proposals to design the future
- Provide creative direction on projects and inspire our teams
- Maintain positive and enthusiastic team spirit, always looking to go beyond expectations
- Approachable, easy to work with and helpful
- Promote and be a crucial part of company culture and values
Key experience & knowledge:
You can come from any background; you’ll have at least 7-10+ years experience in designing and delivering services.
- A rigorous understanding of how Service Design processes work and can be shaped for a wide variety of contexts
- Sound business experience and understanding of operational delivery
- Experience of prototyping services and setting up evaluation metrics
- Comprehensive understanding of usability testing approach
- Experience on building user-centred capabilities
- Comfortable and fluid with strategic thinking to set future visions that are sustainable
- Experience of building product and service propositions that set value propositions
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with user research
- Experience of launching digital products and services
- Experience of building proposals, pitching for work and success on new business development
- Experience of working and running agile practice on projects and internally inside business
- Comprehensive understanding of building digital products
- Strong management skills to direct team members at a senior level
- Strong leadership skills to work closely with our team on delivery and setting project visions
- Good time management skills for yourself and others and ability to work on multiple work-streams
- Self-directed, spotting what needs built and delivering on it
- Respectful and a good listener
- A good finisher, you love to close projects internally and externally
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, contributory pension, a collaborative and open working environment, as well as great opportunities for personal development and progression, including training budgets.
Location London or Glasgow
Please send your application by the 28th July. Please include a short cover letter, with an understanding of your notice period, if in current employment, the job title (include in the subject header) and relevant salary expectations. This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we will be reviewing applications as they come in and inviting folk for conversations throughout so if you have something to send in, send it. If you have previously sent us a CV we are reviewing these.