We're recruiting a Studio Manager *NOW CLOSED*
Snook is seeking a someone to oversee the Glasgow and London Studios.
Salary: £ 27,378
Hours: 37.5 hours
Location: Glasgow, with occasional travel to London
The role of their Studio Manager is pivotal, they are the crucial link between everyone in the company, from designers, to strategists, project managers, senior management and finance.
The ideal candidate will have proven 3 – 5 years operational experience within a creative company. With that you will be hardworking, organised and great with people. Furthermore you will be happy to get stuck in wherever needed, from onboarding newbies to remembering birthdays, and everything in between, the studio manager is the one who oversees Snook and keeps us moving.
The Studio Manager will have line management experience and be responsible for the communications team and studio assistants.
As a central person in the business, the Studio Manager will oversee the day-to-day running of the work space.
Key responsibilities include:
- Meeting and greeting clients and guests
- Managing relationships with suppliers
- Studio administration and facility management
- Supporting Senior Team meetings
- Support the director with diary management, communications, manage & maintain schedules, appointments and international travel arrangements
- Oversee studio recruitment processes
- Overseeing travel arrangements
- Ensuring HR policies are up to date and implemented
- Build the team culture!
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Organise the office layout and order stationery and equipment
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Provide general support to visitors
- Onboarding process for new hires
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware and travel arrangements)
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning and factor services
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences
- Manage and run company socials and events; driving the events programme
- Proofreading – double, triple checking of documents before they fly out of the studio
- Support the Director with annual staff appraisals and check in process
- Be a supportive role to the Snook team, answering queries and problem solving issues as they arise
- Ensuring statutory and regulatory requirements are met (Children and vulnerable adult policy, environmental, equal opportunities, health and safety etc)
- Proven experience as an Office manager or Studio manager.
- Proven experience managing teams
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Proficiency in Google Suite and MS Office
- Hands on experience with office machines
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment while being able prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Familiarity with scheduling tools
- Familiarity with typical finance procedures
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to details and problem solving
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Creative mind and ability to suggest improvements
- A good positive energy
We know that’s a long list. Most importantly, you’re looking to join a lovely team and support us in delivering great design work. Definite bonus points include an appreciation for gifs and great pun creation skills.
If you think you have the skills and experience please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, with the title Hire me | Studio Manager, clearly demonstrating your experience in relation to the job description, salary expectations and responsibilities above.
Please include salary expectations and notice period
Deadline for submission is 8th October at 12.00
Interviews will be held the w/c 15th October